Terry Conner is the firm’s Managing Partner and a member of its Board of Directors. He has more than 30 years experience in business transactions, including commercial loans, loan restructures, and such technology transactions as outsourcing, licensing, and strategic alliances, and technology contract disputes. He has been an adjunct professor of commercial law at Southern Methodist University School of Law, a Director of the Texas Association of Bank Counsel, the co-editor of the Commercial Loan Documentation Guide, the co-chair of the Southern Methodist University Law School Commercial Lending Institute, a lecturer on business law at The University of Texas at Dallas, and a member of the State of Texas Science and Technology Council appointed by then-Governor Bush. Terry has lectured and written on such topics as outsourcing transactions, pledges of intellectual property, guaranties, usury, restricted stock pledges, bankruptcy issues for commercial lenders, loan workouts, and lender liability, and has been published in the Texas Law Review, Texas Tech Law Review, and St. Mary’s Law Review.
- Named a Texas Super Lawyer in Banking, Law and Politics and Texas Monthly, 2003-2011
- Named one of The Best Lawyers in America in Banking and Finance Law, 2009-2012. Mr. Conner has been listed in The Best Lawyers in America for more than 10 years.
- Voted one of the Best Lawyers in Dallas in Corporate Finance/Mergers & Acquisitions in D Magazine, 1997, 2007-2009, 2011
- University of Texas at Dallas School of Management Advisory Council
- Dallas Citizens Council Board of Directors
- Dallas Regional Chamber Board of Directors and Vice Chair, Education Advisory
- SMU-In-Taos Executive Board
- Dallas AfterSchool Network, Board of Directors
- Leadership Council on Legal Diversity, Pipeline Committee